Accessories make life more interesting.
The right piece of jewelry can take an outfit from 'meh' to amazing in 3 seconds flat. While I acknowledge the importance of accessories and the role necklaces rings, bracelets and other baubles plays in an overall complete and fashionable look, I very rarely go accessories shopping. Most of my accessories are purchased on a whim. How I buy accessories is the reason I was excited to try Rocksbox, a jewelry subscription service that "gives you unlimited access to rent from an ever-rotating closet of designer jewelry."
How it works:
- Become a member (Shine Insider) by taking the style survey and adding items to your jewelry Wish List. (Membership is $19 per month.)
- Get 3 pieces on Loan - Each piece is hand-selected for you based on your style and the items on your wish list (Items are mailed to you and a return label is included)
- Wear what you want for as long as you want then return all items when you are done. Every set is worth an average of $200. You may return sets as often as you like.
- If there is a piece of jewelry you love and must have, simply keep it and the credit card you have on file will be charged the insider price for the item.
- Get $10 credit (Shine Spend) every month that can be used to buy any piece of jewelry from your set.
This way of shopping is perfect for people who can be fickle about their purchases and want the freedom to really live with an item before committing. It is also kind of genius because every single piece of jewelry I have ever bought, I had to try it on before making the purchase. With Rocksbox, I can try items with different outfits, moods and even hairstyles before deciding if it deserves a permanent home in my jewelry box.
I'm on my 3rd Rocks Box and so far I have only really loved one necklace. This doesn't mean I am not excited with each deliver.
My latest box (above) is the first box where I like everything included (though I haven't worn any of it yet. Sigh) So, I think it's fair to say that as I continue to receive boxes and rate the pieces I receive, my sets will keep getting better. (Fingers crossed!)
I want you to try Rocksbox for yourself so, I'm including my special code to get you one month of Rocksbox for free! Click HERE and you'll have a free month of Rocksbox and I'll get $25 in credit to use on Rocksbox.
Questions? Ask below!