One of the quickest, easiest and and most convenient ways for me to get into the mood to celebrate America's Independence is to paint my nails. Sure, I'll be watching fireworks and eating my fair share of barbecue meats but none of that happens until I paint my nails. This year I'm taking my inspiration from celebrity manicurist, Jin Soon Choi, who created the quick and easy stars and stripes manicure below.
- Apply a base coat like JINsoon Power Coat
- Apply Michael Kors Gossip on the entire nail bed, leaving the ring finger bare
- Apply JINsoon Cool Blue to the entire nail bed of the ring finger
- Using JINsoon Coquette, apply horizontal stripes with a thin brush over the middle finger and the thumb
- Using JINsoon Coquette again, apply vertical stripes with a thin brush over the index finger and the pinky
- Apply JINsoon Polka White over the JINsoon Cool Blue on the ring finger to create the stars
- Apply a top coat like JINsoon Top Gloss over the nails for a lasting glossy finish
There you have it, 7 steps to the perfect 4th of July manicure.